Wales Nuclear Forum: Industry News, keeping you informed of important updates and informative information in the sector.
27 July 2020
The Future of Manufacturing – North Wales and Cross-Border Summit
On 1 July, I made a written ministerial statement that an urgent high level summit would be hosted to help provide a collaborative cross-sector response to the challenges facing the aerospace and automotive sectors in key areas such as north east Wales, Merseyside and Cheshire. This summit will take place on Tuesday 4 August 12.30 – 14.30hrs and I would like to invite you to join the event.
The summit will bring together government, industry and academic leaders to help outline current policy responses, highlighting the likely impact on the sector and providing a space for constructive debate to help shape a collaborative programme of activity to effectively respond to the evolving crisis for the sector.
The event will have two main strands:
– A plenary based session to give a political/policy, industry and academic overview with opportunities for attendees to question panel members
– A more interactive session which gives panel members and attendees the opportunity to help provide views on immediate, medium and long term response to help shape and inform the consensus view on a future roadmap
Fellow panel members joining me include:
– Katherine Bennett CBE, Senior Vice President, Airbus
– Dr Brian Anthony, Principal Research Scientist, MIT Mechanical Engineering
– Deirdre Fox, Director of Strategic Business Development, Tata Steel
– Jeff Lewis, Chief Executive, Raytheon UK
– Andy Richardson, Chair of the Food and Drink Wales Industry Board
There will also be UK Government and senior industry representatives from the following sectors:
o Defence/space o Health
I value your attendance and input in order to shape the future for high value manufacturing, and in developing a collaborative roadmap for the sector, ask if you could give thought to what success would look like in:
Immediate (6-12 months)
Medium (12-36 months)
Long term (36 months +)
Your RVSP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July is appreciated.
The WNF Steering Group is made up of 9 industry leading professionals who champion ideas from members, and take them forward with the Welsh Government to make a significant impact within the Nuclear Industry.
For further information on membership or the Wales Nuclear Forum, please contact
0161 877 7693
Mon: 8:30 – 5:30
Tue: 8:30 – 5:30
Wed: 8:30 – 5:30
Thu: 8:30 – 5:30
Fri: 8:30 – 5:30